#1 mrjo1340

mrjo1340

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:39 AM

I know this is a very broad & general question, but I was wondering what the service life expectancy of the VT750C assuming that all maintenance is performed accordingly? The reason I ask is; I recently met a rider @ a gas station while out riding myself & he had a 2000 ACE with over 153K on it. Is that normal or a one off? He said that aside from regular fluid changes etc he has never needed to open up the motor to do some work. He claimed to be the first & only owner on it l & also said that he's from BC (west coast Canada) & rides there every summer. I'm from Ontario so for those of you from the US that's equivalent of riding approximately from New York to San Fran.
I'm almost @ 90K on my 03 & was wondering if anyone out there has over 100k on their ACE.

#2 X3R0

X3R0

Veteran

• Contributor
  • 196 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:55 AM

I've seen plenty of bikes over 100K , no aces though.. Mines been rock solid for the last 14 years, hoping it stays that way, would love to give it to my kids !

Modified Stock Exhaust - Hollowed and re baffled for that nice rumble all the kids want.
8" Forwards
38T Mod
UNI filter - BeanBox
Rejetted 118/122 -42 AF 2.25 out
Memphis Batwing with Flip
Progressive fronts and 412 Rears

Mustang Touring seat
Paladin Quick Change back rest for the Wife.

#3 Vomio

Vomio

This is not my nic

• Managers
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario, Canada

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:44 PM

It is not unusual to see them with over 100,000 miles in states with year round riding.

On another forum I sometimes visit, a guy has just past 152,000 miles on his '98 750 ACE with just regular maintenance. 

http://www.hondashad...-thread-10.html

My insurance agent told me that the average Canadian rider puts about 3,000 to 4,000 km on his bike annually, so in Canada it could last forever. (-;

The thing that seems to have them end up as recycling are accidents and it does not take a whole lot of damage for Insurance Companies to write them off.

Similarly stressed Honda car engines just keep going and going, and I see no reason a 750 ACE won't be capable of the same.

#4 OutportRider

OutportRider

Old Bike, New Rider

• Contributor
  • 854 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland and Labrador, Canada

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:30 PM

This questions reminded me of this old discussion... http://www.750ace.co...ot-on-your-ace/

Peter

Posted Image
1998 Honda Shadow 750 A.C.E. - VT750C3W (purchased July 29, 2011 @ ~14,185km)
Mods: Pilot Screws @ 2 1/2