• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Isaiah2412

Isaiah2412

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 12:24 PM

I have a set of chrome highway bars. Came off my 2003 ace 750. Let me know if anyone is interested. Not sure how to price them or brand. No damage or rust.

#2 Morninman

Morninman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:45 PM

Do you know if your Highway Bars will bolt up to a 98 A.C.E.?

#3 ace of clubs

ace of clubs

Old as Dirt

• Contributor
  • 3,582 posts
  • LocationMiddleton Mass USA

Posted 28 August 2016 - 06:47 AM

Very few changes to early Aces -vs- later models.  Mechanical Speedo to electronic... gas tank w/ speedo housing... and just a few other changes.  To my knowledge, the frame is the same for all models 98-03. So I think if the bars fit on an 03, it should bolt right up to a 98.  The lower mount should have different spacers that come with the bar to take the place of the OEM spacers that bolt through the frame at footpeg level. But make sure that the upper mounts are "U" brackets that mount to each upright on the "frame" right and left side and not the cheap, single mount that attaches to the upper small bolt on the top of the radiator.  IMHO those are worthless. 

Sorry, I didn't intend to barge in on your direct question to the seller.  Just wanted to give you some insight which is just my .02 and probably worth as much...lol

Edited by ace of clubs, 28 August 2016 - 06:50 AM.

2002 Ace 2000 Valkyrie
Posted ImagePosted Image
Patriot Guard Riders
Not all who wander, are lost.

#4 Isaiah2412

Isaiah2412

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:14 AM

http://s47.photobuck...re_media&page=1

Here are some pics. It is the "u-bolt" mount. These are quality bars in like new condition. I still have no idea the value.

#5 Dan393x

Dan393x

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 67 posts
  • LocationBuffalo

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:35 AM

National Cycle Paladin Highway Bars, that's what you have here. I have them on my ACE and like them a lot.
GLWS!

#6 Vomio

Vomio

This is not my nic

• Managers
  • 1,241 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario, Canada

Posted 28 August 2016 - 02:29 PM

+1 on what Dan393x said.

My bike came with them when I bought it, great bars plenty of cornering clearance.

Will greatly reduce damage to the bike, if/when it flops over.

#7 Isaiah2412

Isaiah2412

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:04 AM

Still for sale, great bars

#8 jhl98ace

jhl98ace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Locationnola

Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:34 AM

hello there guy. i'd like to have these bars. i'm in the new orleans area. i;d pay $75 for them, but we need a way to make them be down here. where are they located?

#9 Isaiah2412

Isaiah2412

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:59 AM

I'm in Chicago, where are you located?

#10 jhl98ace

jhl98ace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Locationnola

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:17 AM

new orleans.

#11 Feras

Feras

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:32 AM

Hey Isaiah,

if you are selling the passenger backrest let me know..i am in Chicago as well... I can pick up.

#12 Flrider

Flrider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:19 PM

Buyer beware

I bought the highway bars from this seller and the mounting brackets were missing.

Long story short, after talking to him he was supposed to order the brackets and get them to me, almost 2 months after and now he does not answer calls or texts.

I belong to other motorcycle forums and done many deals but first time that I find someone that a few dollars  are worth more than his word.

#13 Vomio

Vomio

This is not my nic

• Managers
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:41 PM

Sorry to hear of an unsatisfactory transaction with a fellow member and ACE owner.

It is very unusual in my experience to have such things happen in this community, thank you for the notification.

You can try PM'ing him from this site with a link to this thread, maybe that will get his attention, sometimes life's deal gets in the way of peoples best intentions.

The bars are pretty much useless without the hardware that attaches to the frame at the rad.

Luckily if the worst comes to the worst National Cycle does sell spare and replacement parts and it is not some noname Chinese dropshipper.

http://www.nationalc...port-ispl-parts

If he doesn't resolve this, hopefully the missing bits are not too expensive.

#14 Flrider

Flrider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:01 AM

Sorry to hear of an unsatisfactory transaction with a fellow member and ACE owner.

It is very unusual in my experience to have such things happen in this community, thank you for the notification.

You can try PM'ing him from this site with a link to this thread, maybe that will get his attention, sometimes life's deal gets in the way of peoples best intentions.

The bars are pretty much useless without the hardware that attaches to the frame at the rad.

Luckily if the worst comes to the worst National Cycle does sell spare and replacement parts and it is not some noname Chinese dropshipper.

http://www.nationalc...port-ispl-parts

If he doesn't resolve this, hopefully the missing bits are not too expensive.

Vomio

Thanks for the support but I don't think that a PM will get this guy to do the right thing.

I did do the leg work and found the part number from National Cycle and gave him the part number and phone number to call.

Gave him the benefit of the doubt and waited for him, last time I spoke to him ( about two weeks ago) he had the balls to say he was coming back from vacation.

This bars are for my daughter's ACE and she works hard for her money so I'll just go ahead and order the brackets for her on my dime.

I know he had some other parts he was trying to unload so I figured I would give others a heads up.

#15 SH@UN

SH@UN

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:26 AM

Vomio

Thanks for the support but I don't think that a PM will get this guy to do the right thing.
I did do the leg work and found the part number from National Cycle and gave him the part number and phone number to call.
Gave him the benefit of the doubt and waited for him, last time I spoke to him ( about two weeks ago) he had the balls to say he was coming back from vacation.
This bars are for my daughter's ACE and she works hard for her money so I'll just go ahead and order the brackets for her on my dime.
I know he had some other parts he was trying to unload so I figured I would give others a heads up.

Stuff like this is why I never order anything from anybody but companies or eBay or Amazon. Too many shady forum members. Good luck to ya.
I must be a pirate, because I'm obsessed with booty.

#16 Isaiah2412

Isaiah2412

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:46 PM

Seriously... nothing to sell. Don't own an ace. The fact that this guy got all douchey is pretty funny. I don't care about this forum period. The bike was totaled and now I own a brand new Indian. "The balls to say vacation". Yes I went to Maui. It was amazing you should check it out.. I also just bought a brand new Indian, paid cash. Have the title right here. Seller beware this dude is a pain in the ass.

#17 SH@UN

SH@UN

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:15 PM

Seriously... nothing to sell. Don't own an ace. The fact that this guy got all douchey is pretty funny. I don't care about this forum period. The bike was totaled and now I own a brand new Indian. "The balls to say vacation". Yes I went to Maui. It was amazing you should check it out.. I also just bought a brand new Indian, paid cash. Have the title right here. Seller beware this dude is a pain in the ass.

If you don't care about this forum or the ACE, then why did you even bother to stop in and comment? Just move on. 😕

Glad you stopped in to make us think how rich you are though. I feel much better now.
I must be a pirate, because I'm obsessed with booty.

#18 Isaiah2412

Isaiah2412

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:21 PM

Nothing to do with money. Had a fire and totaled 2 bikes ace included. Kinda glad, now I have a better bike. I get email notifications every time some one comments.. so I stopped in to read. Either way enjoy the ride and the highway bars that you got for damn near nothing.

#19 Vomio

Vomio

This is not my nic

• Managers
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:10 PM

Well there we go, the rest of the story.

This situation is obviously not going to change.

Let's just let this one slide quietly into the archives.

Everybody calm down and then weather permitting go out and enjoy their ride.  (-:

#20 Flrider

Flrider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:40 PM

Facts:

He posted pics of the bars AND the mounts.

A price was mutually agreed.

He said he would order the brackets.

I waited close to two months for them.

No answer to texts or phone messages left.

That is all I am saying about this, lesson learned and time to move on.