26 replies to this topic

#21 X3R0

X3R0

Veteran

• Contributor
  • 171 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:34 PM

You're not jetted right.

First off you should have a staggered main setup, i'm currently 110/112 rear , but stock air. Going to 118/122 rear for the beanbox mod.

Stock isn't garbage if it runs.

Modified Stock Exhaust - Hollowed and re baffled for that nice rumble all the kids want.
8" Forwards
38T Mod
UNI filter - BeanBox
Rejetted 118/122 -42
Memphis Batwing with Flip
Pyle PLMCA30 Sound System with Bluetooth
Paladin Quick Change back rest for the Wife.

#22 Vomio

Vomio

This is not my nic

• Managers
  • 1,161 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario, Canada

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:13 PM

The answer is that your jetting is way too lean and your 1" restriction is acting like a partial choke.

The common jetting for that mod is IIRC a 134 Dynojet main jet front and a 138 rear, (Keihin jets would be approximately 10 sizes larger than that).  

The slide needles will also need shimming or replacement to help fill in the mid-range and a pair of #42 (Keihin) pilot jets to richen up the bottom end.

There are articles covering the mod in the Forums that go into suitable tuning detail to make it work, but right now I can't spare the time to turn them up.

Here is one using the old Dynojet Stage 3 Kit.  http://www.750ace.co...etting-results/

I don't think it is available as a kit anymore, but it gives you an idea of jet sizes.

Edited by Vomio, 05 July 2017 - 11:02 PM.
Between work and sleep I have some time.

#23 Bendy

Bendy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationOrangeville, Ontario

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:12 AM

Hello from Oklahoma. Don't know if anyone will respond to this post, seeing it appears to have ended in 2013.

Anyway, I have a 2001, I did the Edelbrock mod. I also have non baffled pipes, the carb is also jetted to 110 in both jugs. Currently fuel screws are set at 3 rotations each. I also had to modify the back plate, closing off the opening to a 1" hole. Before I did that, the bike wouldn't get over 35mph. To be honest the bike runs great in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and garbage after that. I have no high end torque or hp over 60mph. It seems in 4th and 5th, the bike is choking. Unless someone has a solution to this issue, looks as if i'm putting garbage ass stock set up, back on.

Any ideas?!

Hey Eric, your bike is starving for fuel. The 110 jets are your idle jets. You need to rejet the main jets and change the needles. There are lots of posts on here recommending sizes. If you can't find what you are looking for you can message me. It took me about 2 months to fine tune the carbs. Mostly driven by ordering jets, trying them then orderings different ones.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

IMG_0002_opt_zpsd5844fe1.jpg

#24 Bendy

Bendy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationOrangeville, Ontario

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:13 AM

Wow...guess I should read the entire thread before replying. A little late to this game eh?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

IMG_0002_opt_zpsd5844fe1.jpg

#25 Vomio

Vomio

This is not my nic

• Managers
  • 1,161 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario, Canada

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:28 PM

Hi Bendy,

Good to see you.

I would not worry about it too much, these old threads bend space and time.

As reference they do have value and obviously are never quite dead.

#26 gcrank1

gcrank1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:58 AM

Us new guys need resurrection threads to help bring us up to speed (pun intended).

'81 Yamaha SR500 Caff Racer, the Old School Real Deal

'09 Suzuki TU250X ,The Silent Red Fellow

'98 Honda 750ACE Deluxe

#27 X3R0

X3R0

Veteran

• Contributor
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:23 PM

Us new guys need resurrection threads to help bring us up to speed (pun intended).

I've always been a believer that knowledge has no time limit and what was good 4 years ago is still good now. 

Resurrect these all day IMO it only helps the community.

Modified Stock Exhaust - Hollowed and re baffled for that nice rumble all the kids want.
8" Forwards
38T Mod
UNI filter - BeanBox
Rejetted 118/122 -42
Memphis Batwing with Flip
Pyle PLMCA30 Sound System with Bluetooth
Paladin Quick Change back rest for the Wife.